Reply To: BA First and Club World Sale Until February 9Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA First and Club World Sale Until February 9 Reply To: BA First and Club World Sale Until February 9

VintageKrug
Participant

As a shareholder, I am strangely heartened by the increase in fares seen in this sale. Not so excited as a consumer, though.

If BA believes the capacity cuts it (and other carriers) have implemented, coupled with a resurgent demand for business travel (and remember the Far East has not suffered as extensively in this downturn) can justify such fares, then that’s all to the good news for BA.

After all, profits are not made by simply filling the seats at any cost, but rather by maintaining margin, and BA has a very sophisticated revenue management system to manage exactly these issues.

As it has been a challenge for BA to cut costs further, the only way to maintain margin is to increase prices.

BKK is available in this sale rtn in J from £1999 (though obviously this is outside your planned travel dates). If other airlines think they can remain profitable, and offer a comparable service at that price point, then that’s great for the consumer.

Would I pay a £400 premium for BA over Thai J. Probably.

Would I pay £900? Probably not.

I don’t know much about Thai’s business class, though I was warned off taking a Thai F flight direct to BKK next month, and will be enjoying the comforts of Swiss instead.

Do please report back on your Thai experience, as I don’t know much about their offering.