Reply To: BA First and Club World Sale Until February 9Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA First and Club World Sale Until February 9 Reply To: BA First and Club World Sale Until February 9

Binman62
Participant

VK ….I am sorry but it is all too easy to get the £3800 fares. Just try week beginning 8th and 15th Feb outbound and back any time in Feb or March. LCY is quoting at £2600 one way from JFK and frankly you would have to mad, a banker, or both to contemplate paying this. (Though it is clear from a check of VS and AA, that they all feel able to charge this level of fare on that route.
Out 8 Feb. back 25th cheapest price to LHR is £3800 if you fly day time. Overnight on the return hikes the fare to £4400.
More interestingly, and for me at least, more irritating. Is that from Stockholm on the same days the fare is just £2131.10. Given that it is an overnight flight it represents a saving of a £2300.
I know all about market pricing but it seems to be clear that BA are gouging UK based passengers and for executive club members at least, it must be a massive disincentive.
For them on this route, their tier points and miles are not only twice as expensive, but due to the lower silver/gold thresholds in Europe, their value doubles if based in Sweden. In other words the UK member is 4 times worse off on this route than a Swedish counterpart. That is tough to justify.