Reply To: BA First and Club World Sale Until February 9Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA First and Club World Sale Until February 9 Reply To: BA First and Club World Sale Until February 9

Binman62
Participant

VK ……For me this is again a very dissapointing offering from BA.
JFK excluded with a club world quote for mid feb, including a Saturday night at £3800.

HKG at £2299 is fine, if HKG is the final destination, but CX will clean up with anything beyond HKG. They are quotaing £2300 to Bali in August and yet BA, even with a code share on the route, cannot or will not quote that destination on BA.com

£1699 for BOS is 54% higher than this time last year, whilst SYD in First is 47% higher than I paid last year.

As for 10% shareholder discount. It is true that this is available but only on the actual fare. Taxes fees and charges are not included so the saving on Sharm for example is not £84.9 but just £57.10 as the taxes and charges are £277, and not all of those are down to the government.

Premium travel comes at a premium price, but BA are still threatened by industrial action and their products, while very good, are ageing and becoming very tired. T5 is the only bright light they have and even this is having problems due to their landlords focus on retail.

These fares do nothing to attract customers who are not BA die hards nor do they do aything for encouraging travel or upgrading. When you think back to some of the stuff they did in the past, such as the world’s greatest offer etc it does make you wonder what is happening today and whether they can turn things around. I hope they do, but fear they have not the will or capacity.