Reply To: BA asks office staff to volunteer as cabin crewCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA asks office staff to volunteer as cabin crew Reply To: BA asks office staff to volunteer as cabin crew

continentalclub
Participant

It seems clear that something of a gulf exists between cabin crew and the unions which are supposed to represent them. Matters are compounded by some volume media organisations in the UK who publish stories which, with some regularity, do not stand up to the most basic of scrutiny, and which leave the informed reader wondering if meddlesome antagonists are at play.

Certainly, my most recent first-hand experiences of BA cabin crews, operating under fairly challenging circumstances, suggests that the rhetoric of BASSA and Unite is confined largely to their own press-releases and attempts at hype-inducing, Scargill-style rabble-rousing.

I wrote (at length!) about my own experiences on FlyerTalk:

http://bit.ly/6iPbMz

– and the number of private messages I have received from posters identifying themselves as crew since, as well as my own wider experience from up to 130 sectors pa, suggest that those personal experiences reflect a quality of staff that is far from unusual.

It’s a long piece, but it’s a complicated situation.