Reply To: BA asks office staff to volunteer as cabin crew

Back to Forum

DJ_London
Participant

I applauded Mr. Walsh for taking the initiative to ensure that as little disruption as possible is caused to their customers. However, I for one would not want to be flying on an aircraft with crew who have completed a three month basic training programme and perhaps one test flight. That said, I shall not book my Easter plans with the airline over the strike period, and I expect many others to do the same.

Moreover, can you imagine the training bill and extra money being spent to cater those non-customer facing staff that will require a uniform and such like? In my view, it will be putting the airline more into the red. And all for being able to say to the crew: look what we have done and we can do it again!!

Although a good idea Mr. Walsh, in hindsight, is it the best thing to do for the airline? My advise would be to sack all those who choose to strike and go to an agency and employ already trained Cabin Crew, who really want a job. Give them that job and a good career with the airline. For those, who are disloyal and want to damage the airline… Good riddance.

If only business was this simple!!

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls