Reply To: Book’n upgradeCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways Book’n upgrade Reply To: Book’n upgrade

RoadKing
Participant

Hi VK.

Appreciate you being willing to assist. Sorry about my illiteracy regarding pts vs miles. Being gold member in both BA and SK confuses a bit :-).

Country of residence is Norway.

The route is OSL -SFO (May 5th through 9th).

However, I just spoke with Exec club helpdesk and they told me what you said, that I could upgrade a full flex business to First using pts. Which, I agree with you, is not a good deal at all. After all I can get one person a discounted fixed business return OSL – SFO for approx £2100, while the full flex is approx £3800 (considering the ongoing one way free upgrade offer it is even lesser of a deal). I had a desire to make the unforgettable get away for me and my lady, but not for that much. There is a limit to love :-). Besides, I know we will get a nice experience in biz as well.

So, I have decided that I will either spend pts in full for 2 biz, or I go for the discounted fare and keep saving until I got enough to cover the entire First in pts.

Got to look into that WT+ offer and consider an upgrade. Interesting.

Btw, I just got to know from my friend, that they will be doing the event in LAS, so perhaps we fly into SFO and return from LAS. I suppose BA will approve of that.

Thanks for your reply!