Reply To: Book’n upgrade

Back to Forum

RoadKing
Participant

Hi VK.

Appreciate you being willing to assist. Sorry about my illiteracy regarding pts vs miles. Being gold member in both BA and SK confuses a bit :-).

Country of residence is Norway.

The route is OSL -SFO (May 5th through 9th).

However, I just spoke with Exec club helpdesk and they told me what you said, that I could upgrade a full flex business to First using pts. Which, I agree with you, is not a good deal at all. After all I can get one person a discounted fixed business return OSL – SFO for approx £2100, while the full flex is approx £3800 (considering the ongoing one way free upgrade offer it is even lesser of a deal). I had a desire to make the unforgettable get away for me and my lady, but not for that much. There is a limit to love :-). Besides, I know we will get a nice experience in biz as well.

So, I have decided that I will either spend pts in full for 2 biz, or I go for the discounted fare and keep saving until I got enough to cover the entire First in pts.

Got to look into that WT+ offer and consider an upgrade. Interesting.

Btw, I just got to know from my friend, that they will be doing the event in LAS, so perhaps we fly into SFO and return from LAS. I suppose BA will approve of that.

Thanks for your reply!

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls