Reply To: BA nightmareCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA nightmare Reply To: BA nightmare

AsiaPacific
Participant

Guys,
I am a bit lost here… who is paying for the de-icing equipment ? BAA or BA ??? As I thought it would be the airline BA…. so how then does making decisions on longer queues for security and more equipment for ATC even become an issue as they are airport operator costs… LHR is already one of the most expensive places to land I think in the world in terms of taxes ( probably wrong about that?) , they also have a pretty poor record over the years of disruptions to passengers for a whole host of reasons… so isn’t it time that a few people recognised its shortcomings, actively worked and campaigned constructively make the appropriate changes to allow LHR to remain competitive internationally as a hub. At the moment it is somewhere that many travellers actively avoid if possible esp with connections. In order for its reputation to be restored its pretty important to understand the deficits and problems and address them head on. Otherwise this continuous “oh, we haven’t got the money, or we couldn’t possibly have planned for that”, or some other lame excuse will end up damaging the reputation of a once great airport irreparably. This doesn’t mean that everything LHR does is rubbish , it does do a lot of things well, but by heck there is so much it could do a damned lot better too…. time to recognise that fact by a few too !!!