Reply To: BA nightmare

Back to Forum

davidbell
Participant

I disagree.

A few years ago, I travelled to Venice when it had its usual fog. The BA plane was equipped with something that allows the pilot to land with no visuals below X feet, and the captain made a comment about it, and pointed out that other airlines (ie easyjet/ryan air) don’t have this equipment, and we’d all be on our way to XXX airport. Obviously, because venice can get quite foggy quite often, then BA thought it a good investment.

How many times over the last 10 years has LHR been disrupted by snow? this year for a few days, and last year for a few days. I can’t recall (althought am happy to be corrected) any other snow cancellations for quite some time. Therefore, it obviously it would not have been a good investment to date.

How many people have chains on their cars in the UK? i would guess not many, given the reports in the paper, so therefore even individuals do not feel the need to invest in such snow equipment to make it worth while.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls