Reply To: BA nightmareCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA nightmare Reply To: BA nightmare

JordanD
Participant

CheamTraveller – you’re clearly hard to please.

This last week I’ve had two flights, two different airlines and two different delay experiences. What links them both: excellent care and service by the crew.

My first was with BA from BOM, originally scheduled to LHR, last Wednesday (6th Jan). The inbound aircraft to BOM left LHR some 4 hrs late – BA informed me well in advance of my journey to the airport that the departure would be delayed, by both text (twice) and e-mail. They let me know I need not check-in “on original time” and that the new departure time was “confirmed”. And when I got to the airport, they offered refreshments voucher, and departed the aircraft on the new departure time.

En route, they apologised, and they kept us informed of the potential for diversion from LHR. As soon as we were diverted (initially to NCL, then GLA, before landing at STN), the pilot was briefing the passengers every few minutes, and the crew being helpful to the many passengers who had onward connection, despite having limited information themselves.

Once on the ground at STN, buses were promptly organised, steps attached and us deboarded to the terminal – considering the sheer number of limited mobility individuals and individuals with young children, the crew helped each with care and consideration and carried a number of individual’s hand luggage down the steps (definitely beyond the call of duty).

Fast forward to yesterday and my easyJet flight to Madrid from Luton. Madrid shut down due to snow (this from an airport with four runways, so ease of Heathrow!). We were kept onboard, but in the interval, the crew were friendly, chatting with passengers, allowing some to deplane (to cancel their trip) and the flight deck was opened up to allow young and old alike to view whilst we were on stand with the doors open. Once we took off (4hrs late) the crew offered a free refreshment from the trolley (this being easyJet and the circumstances being Force Majeure, I thought was a nice gesture). And throughout – especially from the Senior Cabin Crew member (Jo) – they were very friendly, polite & helpful.

The point of the above is that whilst we all have nightmares in the bad weather, let’s not just slag off one airline, but let’s commend those who go the extra mile.