Reply To: BA schedule change – recuperate connection costsCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA schedule change – recuperate connection costs Reply To: BA schedule change – recuperate connection costs

CathayLoyalist
Participant

Well a plaudit to BA on this one. My daughter was due to fly EDI -LHR and then connect LHR-SIN 18 Dec using two separate tickets. Because of the snow I was checking the departures web page and saw that her EDI-LHR flight was already showing a 5 hour delay which of course would have meant her missing the connection. I called BA in the UK as soon as they opened (6.00am) and spoke to an incredibly helpful lady, Lisa I think was her name, in the Manchester reservations office. I prefixed the conversation with “I really neeed your help” and went on to explained the situation. Lisa clarified the problem with having two tickets and understood that if the connecton was missed in LHR the additonal cost would be very high buying new tickets for a uni student. Because of the lengthy delay out of EDI BA offered to put her on an earlier flight and waived the change and admin fees on the restricted ticket. I was prepared to pay the extra for the EDI-LHR and I guess they could have stuck to the rules but they didn’t so one very happy and grateful Dad and a relieved daughter. Ironically the earlier flight she took left within 20 mins of its scheduled departure so she arrived in LHR with 6 hours to kill which was not a problem. To cap it off she was upgraded ‘C’ out of LHR to SIN!!. The point here. I felt Lisa was very aware that the weather was no one’s fault and she had a concerned dad who just wanted his daughter home for Xmas.She came up with a solution instead of just parroting the rules.That was great customer service so if BA can work on nurturing the many people who are like LIsa across the company and get rid of the deadwood the future is brighter