Reply To: Where has BA’s service gone?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways Where has BA’s service gone? Reply To: Where has BA’s service gone?

VintageKrug
Participant

As far as I am aware Raid the Larder is a Club World offering and as far as my most recent BA longhaul flight under ten hours (two weeks ago) was concerned, it was very much in existence.

The “snackbox” offering of chocs and crisps designed to give the lower classes early onset diabetes in the World Traveller cabin has been discontinued. One could hardly survive on that artery clogging smorgasbord for sustenance.

Most economy food is pretty grim; though it’s a while since I flew in the boot, I recall it was not so bad if you stuck to pasta which is tough to get wrong, and is immeasurably enhanced with the addition of ALL the salt and pepper you can lay your hands on.

But if I had to fly economy (and I wouldn’t mind that much on a day flight) then I would deffo get myself a Plane Food picnic pre-flight. Sampled one on a late evening flight to MAN and thought it was delish:

http://www.gordonramsay.com/planefood/menus/picnics/

Drinks of orange apple juice and water are still offered on a tray for you to help yourself, along with frequent passes through the cabin with the same drinks to keep you hydrated.