Reply To: Where has BA’s service gone?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways Where has BA’s service gone? Reply To: Where has BA’s service gone?

Expat_Consultant
Participant

N Tarrant

Apologies, I meant to write 3+3 configuration, not suggesting that BA sold 3+3. The seat width did change though, I experienced it on several flights on 737s and it was unpleasant – I even seem to remember that Vintage Krug posted an agreement about this.

However, IMHO, a business that listens to it’s customer base should not get into a position where it has to retreat, especially a differentiated business.

Gooner London

Hard to do a review of 2009 without mentioning the cancelations.

However, if you dismiss my issues, then you cannot dismiss as a minor matter a 12 day strike that was prevented only by a court injunction over the inclusion of 800 votes that would not have altered the ballot result and which will likely lead to a re-ballot in 2010.

Neither should we forget the pension fund black hole.

Wildgoose

It is not just proportionality (although no other airline cancelled a flight on me in 2009, out of 90 or so), but the knock on impact on my business.

One of the cancellations cost me a client, who has not invited me to do any more work for them since I arrived 3 hours late for the meeting I was to facilitate, due to BA cancelling my flight and being unable to secure a seat on another airline, even though I arrived at the airport at -4 hours for a 7pm flight.