Reply To: BA Executive Club thresholds?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA Executive Club thresholds? Reply To: BA Executive Club thresholds?

Senator
Participant

Dear fellow passengers,

I have searched through the BA web site to understand if there are published thresholds for Silver and Gold. I am not able to find this information in the same fashion LH M&M and AF/KLM FB display this.

What I know is that as a resident of Sweden I require 400 Tier Points for Silver (I currently have 360, and my qualification period is through April 2010). However, what is required for Gold and are there different thresholds for none-UK residents?

I am looking for an option to my usual LH/SK/LX/OS flights and in my experience BA provides a better overall value (to me) over AF/KLM, and I would like to use BA/AY as my second choice rather than AF/KLM. This despite all of the latest rumblings about bags and assigned seats etc. I rarely fly on full fare business, but on discounted business fares and I obviously do not have a Gold card (yet). However, I find the onboard and ground product at BA superior to AF/KLM so I am debating to move in this direction. I’ve had AF/KLM Platinum this year on the basis of a matching programme in Sweden, and I have accumulated miles for Silver. Now, I have one none-Star Alliance long haul left in 2009 and I am debating to go for FB Gold using AF, or work on my BA Gold by choosing BA. I have already re-qualified for LH Senator already (nine years and counting), and I do in certain years travel enough to make Hon, but I travel often on Star Alliance carriers that do not qualify for Hon so this is out of the question, or in some cases LH price themselves out of the discussion.