Reply To: BA vs. Virgin – who wants my custom…? and the winner is…

Back to Forum

Hess963
Participant

What a surprise!!!

The Survey 2009 determined BA as best overall carrier while VS is third. Inspite of all those who breathed fire and brimstone in your previous posts everyone–BA and VS have strong supporters and loyal pax which go beyond the odds. I have assumed that other airlines could have won the accolades easily. BA and VS are almost/often represented in the top 4 in most categories. I am dumbstruck!!
What did those two airlines have done very much mentionable/achieving over the past 12 months that they are both elevated to “World Class Status” over the others?? We often posted our comments negatively over those two. I assume that the majority of the voters are residents of the British Isles&Ireland –well some are from the Continent maybe or perhaps the deciding voters were from these areas where BA won support hugely by placing well some regional and seasonal sales? And VS more less due to lack of markets here ??
What about VS, we generally think C class needed refurbishment and yet again better than the new and highly praised EY for example which has not got to the top 4 at all?
But what I still don’t understand is, why moan over those two to mediocrity and then vote them to the top? Do we take those surveys seriously or when the time comes for us to choose–we just fall back to our consuetude and national pride—and vote them just like that?? Then if it so, the constant moaning and hypocrisy is definitely out of place here or we ??

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls