Reply To: BA upgrading after boarding

Back to Forum

ParselTongue
Participant

You can sometimes get something (an upgrade) for nothing, but it’s not that common.

Recently travelling to the States on BA miles in J, my daughter and I were upgraded to F, but my wife and son – on a separate BA miles booking – were not, so the family were split. I’m the Silver card holder, the rest are Blue.

I’m not complaining – I let my wife and daughter take the upgrade and I am still living off the brownie points earned, particularly as it was my birthday on the day of travel! Apparently, all the travellers in F were upgrades on that day.

There is no God given right to an upgrade even when other members of the party have been upgraded. It’s nice when it happens, but I don’t think that the quality difference between J and F is worth paying the price difference to ensure we travel F.

And the reason I choose BA over other airlines is that it does feel like coming home when boarding a BA plane. It’s the cabin crew who make the difference. Every airline has good and bad staff, but BA have far more of the genuine and good staff than other airlines.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls