Reply To: BA upgrading after boarding

Back to Forum

RoadKing
Participant

I had actually dismissed this thread.

But in light of the continuing debate, I thought I should tell about my recent experience. Travelling OSL -LHR -LAX. I checked in at OSL, the flight to LHR was the night before, so I enjoyed a nice night at the Sofitel.

Anyways, I was not in contact with BA staff until I got to the gate. When my boarding card were scanned, the reader dismissed it and the clerk turned around and picked another one, preprinted, with my name on it, saying First…

I, standing there, in worn jeans, T shirt and what not but casual. Got an upgrade to first.

This proves that race, clothing, bad looks or what else has nothing to do with a complimentary upgrade. But perhaps my Gold status. Which is fair enough.

Obviously the flight from LHR to LAX was great, but so were also the rest of the trip. I particularly want to compliment the staff from OSL to LHR, they were in a great mood, playing jokes and having a good time. Of course excellent service. I for one get in a good mood myself when other are.

I don’t understand why there are so many complaints, either I have been very fortunate with my experiences with BA or others have been very unfortunate (but then, exceptions prove the rule) or…

I like BA, upgrades or not.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls