Reply To: BA New First Class??Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA New First Class?? Reply To: BA New First Class??

RichHI1
Participant

Re: Ricardo – 14/03/2011 14:04 GMT

Much appreciate your interesting comparison old and new first. If I get old first in Dec I will not feel hard done by. I have found a number of BA 747’s very tatty so they needed upgrade but it appears they have missed some tricks. As an AA Elite I would agree that the BA First difference is service. (Although I love 744’s and will probably cut back on BA when they go A380).

For balance I would make two observations on your comments: If you are tall, as I am (6’6″), First allows you to lie down and sleep on BA where as Club World does not due to limited seat length, therefore if I fly an over night route on BA it has to be First, worth every penny. I can understand shorter people not having issue with that. On the comment about AA LAX-HNL, I agree it is lamentable, particularly since the withdrawal of 763 from LAX flights to Hawaii (although the 752 ETOPS fleet is now being updated with new seats, IFE and the MAUI Avionics upgrade).

In balance AA 777 First vs BA 777 first is a fair comparison so the comparison for the AA LAX-HNL 752 would probably be BA LHR-ATH 757 which I have found equally squalid.