Reply To: BA New First Class??Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA New First Class?? Reply To: BA New First Class??

Biggless
Participant

Yes, I got the email earlier today. Unless I’m not navigating the web site correctly the only picture of the cabin is a rather pathetic view of the seat back (see http://www.britishairways.com/travel/first-seating/public/en_gb). Doesn’t really give the impression that BA want you to see what they have to offer when you compare to other airline websites which give a very clear view of the seating in First class.

Before anyone thinks I’m a BA basher, let me say that I do generally have quite a positive view of BA having been a Gold or Silver Exec club member since it first started (actually when I first joined in 1988 there was just one level and you simply paid about £80 to join if I remember correctly – hands up who else remembers that?) However, I must agree with all the above posts that the new cabin is hopeless compared to the suites offered on other airlines. My most recent First experience was on the short Cairo/London hop and SanFrancisco before that. To be honest, apart from the food being served on china plates, I don’t think it is that much better than club. Also, to be honest, I prefer the old Concorder lounge with the help yourself buffet. The food in the new one is not as good as Virgin’s business lounge at Heathrow and they don’t do the nice canapes anymore. Oh and one final gripe, you get no preference in the Spa. So quite often it is booked up and despite paying a fortune for First you get nothing ! Think BA need to rethink that one ?