Reply To: BA New First Class??Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA New First Class?? Reply To: BA New First Class??

GoonerLondon
Participant

“Note Air NZ have 14 business class seats in the same zone, so BA are no longer competitive based on number of seats in the same zone (and square foot area)”

That’s not quite fair – looking at seat plan, there is a strange triangle shape in the middle where they clearly cant fit another row of seats. What does that triangle represent?

But the reality is – on a ANZ seat you have less personal space by virtue of the eggbox you sleep in. 7 people alongide each wall, versus 5 in First.

Less people clearly better – so I aggree it would seem the CX layout is better. But with only 9 seats, what’s mileage availability like?

I’d wager most of us on here see First as a FF perk. There is no point in demanding it become so super-lux that either only full-fare revenue pax can afford it, or it only appears on a few high demand routes. That’s what happened to SQ First.

Personally I’d like to see a bit of balance so it is available on the majority of long-haul routes, and there is a resonable chance of mileage availablity, or the occasional good value sale price.