Reply To: BA New First Class??Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA New First Class?? Reply To: BA New First Class??

StephenLondon
Participant

BA actually have 14 seats in their First in Zone A on a 747 – five on either side by the windows, and two pairs of seats in the middle. Note Air NZ have 14 business class seats in the same zone, so BA are no longer competitive based on number of seats in the same zone (and square foot area).
Cathay are down to nine suites in the same zone, which is superb. It is spacious, tranquil and relaxing without feeling like you’re a shut-in. And of course the CX service is second to none, in my opinion. I have a choice on LON-HKG (and onward to a range of regional destinations no longer served by BA like SEL, MNL and TPE), CX is always top of my list. Care, attention to detail, quality on board product and F&B, priority at all times, gentle cosseting that takes the edge off travel. I used to have this on BA, but sadly the bean-counters seem to have countenanced much of what made BA superb in the past.
But VK is right, the BA long-haul network is superb, and I for one would like to thank him publicly for his input into this site, and for sticking up for a carrier he clearly enjoys, per chance even loves.