Reply To: BA New First Class??Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA New First Class?? Reply To: BA New First Class??

FCTraveller
Participant

Well of course the new BA seat is going to be better, and I’m sure a vast improvement. But frankly anything you come up with to replace a 15 year old product is going to be “better”. But the question is, will it compete with what is in the marketplace now and in the next 15 years (but let’s hope they don’t wait that long again for the next one).

I have just returned from a trip to the Far East and again flew EK on the A380 and B777 in F. I want to address the issue of the private suite again and the comments from those who say that personally they don’t like them and are glad BA is not doing it. (Basically, this is more of a case of BA and their supporters saying: “well if we can’t have them, let’s rubbish them instead”). If the PV sliding doors are open and the middle partition is down, there is not much difference in terms of being “enclosed” to the current BA seat. I don’t feel closed in at all. In fact, I was pondering this especially on this trip in light of the previous comments, and I feel less closed in. The PV gives almost twice as much floor space to the point where they were able to do away with the overhead lockers. This gives the cabin a completely different feel of openness and height (and the starry ceiling is really nice touch). The seat gives you total privacy (which should be important to most F passengers), but still maintains this air of openness. I do have to question the criticism of private suites and the real reasons behind it. To me it is totally unjustified.

But back to BA, I remain unconvinced of their commitment to F, they keep taking it off key routes and flights then putting it back on. They are installing a new F product that allows them to fleece their loyal customers of thousands of pounds because they have enough of those “loyal” customers who will fly BA at all cost. As I said before, if they can still fill their F seats and invest less, let them. I think they have given up on First, they are now committed to a new product up front which they should simply call: PREMIUM BUSINESS.

By the way, speaking of Business, I had not noticed this before but the EK business seat is equivalent to BA First. No doubt.