Reply To: BA New First Class??

Back to Forum

VintageKrug
Participant

Once again it is rather tiresome that you keep repeating that you believe this image to be some sort of “hoax”.

Believe me I have better things to do than create faked images of such things.

As I have stated previously, the image was released by BA at the Investor Day presentation in 2009, with most of the Board sitting underneath it. Notice the BA font used in the wording.

The image is almost exactly the same as actual photographs I, and others, have seen of the new cabin at events hosted by BA. Crew who have seen the mock up in the LHR t5 Crew Report Centre also confirm it to be an accurate representation.

I am very pleased with this new cabin. It will be totally new, not simply a refurbishment of old hardware, with several innovative features which do not come across in the picture.

The new, lighter materials will also make considerable weight and therefore fuel savings.

But let’s not forget that reducing the number of seats would drive up prices, and reduce award inventory.

BA has a wide range range of types of route (from 4 hour TLV hops to 24 hour SYD hops) and this is the right style of cabin for the airline at present. It will be consistent across the fleet, which gives customers certainty about what they will get, rather than the lottery of seat types seen on some carriers.

I am not fan of enclosed suites, and am pleased this has not been adopted by BA.

I am sure the new BA A380 F due in 2012 will be a step change, but for now this illustrated new BA F cabin is simply about making a good product which had become a bit tired, slightly fresher and more modern.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls