Reply To: Wear and tearCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways Wear and tear Reply To: Wear and tear

StephenLondon
Participant

What a shame someone has to post about a shabby First Class cabin with any airline – one would think it would be the proud mascot of BA, the ultimate of the product line. Was it not BA who replaced the aisle carpets on Concorde with some alarming regularity – every fortnight or every month?
My recent few First Class experiences on BA echo that of the original post – aircraft have been dirty (crumbs everywhere, old boarding passes left in seat pockets, greasy fingermarks on video screens). Compare that with flying on a Qantas 747, with an equally old product / aircraft, but with an immaculate interior that was welcoming and made you feel at home. Ditto Emirates, who had us on a plane so new I doubt anyone had sat in the seats to date. So with carriers like Qantas and Emirates, and now Etihad unveiling a stunning new First Class, where is the incentive to fly BA First? It seems to me BA management have turned BA First into a mileage / upgrade zone like the US carriers, not a true premium zone that it once was. Sad.