Reply To: BA Club Europe seating

Back to Forum

IanDLang
Participant

Well done Vintage Krug! I hope you get and post on this site, a full reply which deals with the questions I originally posed. Why was this done and why was this particular solution adopted? I somewhat charitably assumed when this move was announced that the intention was to get rid of an irritant that had plagued CE for many years. When I saw the new configuration (incidentally on a 319 which is even more cramped than the 737) I was appalled.

It appears to me that there were three alternatives available: do nothing and stop selling the E seat; change the DEF configuration to the AC configuration; and finally the current solution. Either of the first two would have been welcomed by regular CE users; the last has been roundly condemned in this forum. I cannot believe that it has to do with costs; the amount involved must be miniscule and disproportionate to the ill will it has caused. Until this question is satisfactorily answered suspicions as to BAs motives will be questioned.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls