Reply To: BA 5,000 points promo – does it work? And why no veggie food on board?

Back to Forum

Free Lance
Keymaster

I recently flew business class with BA and had read that if my flight departed more than 15 minutes late I could get 5,000 points for the inconvenience, so made sure I registered online for the promotion first.

However, someone else booked my fight and checked in online for me, so I don’t know if I had to do something else to be eligible for the offer. The reason I say this is because my flight from T5 was 45 minutes late (because of paperwork they had to do) and having checked my account it would seem I haven’t been credited with my points!

I would be really annoyed to find out I had missed out on this just because of something as simple as ticking a box or clicking a link. Surely it was enough to have registered online first? I have since applied to claim my miles so hopefully that is quite straight forward.

One more thing – the person who booked my flight requested a vegetarian meal for me the day before I flew when she checked me in online. However, there was no veggie meal for me on board – the steward said it was a “late request” and so had not been granted. She said I needed to request it at least 48 hours in advance. Is this true? are you meant to request it when you book the flight? And if so, why do you have the option when you check in, which you can only do 24 hours in advance?!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls