Reply To: Austrain – terrible customer serviceCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Austrian Airlines Austrain – terrible customer service Reply To: Austrain – terrible customer service

Arleyguy
Participant

Hi guys,

I was re-routed on an LHR – DNK last month resulting in a 10.5hr delay to arrival.

I put in a claim for compensation with Austrian under EU Passenger Rights. After a long email discussion, they have offered €200 in Austrian vouchers, citing that the delay was ‘outside of their control’.

However, the mitigating factor they are referring to is that weather delayed their inbound on the previous day meaning that my flight (6am next day) was delayed due to crew rest requirements. There’s an 8.5hr overnight gap between the flights – can they still play the ‘circumstances beyond our control’ card and ignore the EU Passenger Rights?

What’s worse is that two colleagues travelled on the same flight. They actually sent Austrain the exact same email as I did but had been travelling on redticket super-economy fares (I was regular economy). One got €400 compensation in cash, the other €200 in cash and I get €200 vouchers!

What do you guys think, where should i take this next?

Austrian contact center have started to simply ignore my mail, should I escalate to CAA EU Passenger rights complains arm?

Does anyone know whether there has been a ruling already about how long airlines can play the ‘external factors’ card for with these EU rights please?

Best,
Arleyguy