Reply To: American Airlines A321T

Back to Forum

Ciprian Hirlea
Keymaster

This was the second leg of my RTW trip. The AA A321T is relatively new for AA and features a 3 class, 4 class if you include main cabin extra, service. I was in business, with 2×2 seating, flat bed and nicely equipped (these are the same seats that QR uses on its all business A318, and A330 refurbed), issue is still climbing over the aisle seat for access. The first seats are in a single 1×1 configuration and are the same as the new business seats on AA's 777W aircraft.

The crew were friendly and efficient and had noted that I had pre-ordered my main breakfast item of oatmeal, coffee was refilled on a regular basis, though the only gripe was the plastic "glass" used to serve the welcome champagne! The captain provided a wonderful American welcome 'to this great country of ours".

Amenity kits were provided, noise cancelling headphones, and duvets.

The flight was full (0800 departure on a Sunday surprised me), but it felt very comfortable.

A snack before landing was brought round, together with a hot chocolate cookie and a glass of milk!

Great views over the mountains in Nevada, and with the dual runways at SFO was able to watch a Virgin America plane on a parallel approach.

Overall an very impressive service from American.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user rodders can be found here

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls