Reply To: American Airlines B767-300ER

Back to Forum

Ciprian Hirlea
Keymaster

My 1st time on a widebody in 5 years and my 1st time on a wide body other than the 767-200 if I can remember correctly.

This was on a connection through DFW on my way from Indy to LA(I had an MD80 from Indy to DFW). This was on a same day change as I was originally supposed to go through O'Hare but I changed cause this one had a longer connection time. Originally, I was toward the back of coach on both flights, but luckily, several Main Cabin Extra seats opened up before boarding and they were kind enough to let me switch for free on both flights. I've sat in MCE before and so far it's never failed to please me.

MCE's seat pitch is usually around 37 inches, which I feel is more than enough pitch to make the extra legroom feel noticeable. AA often forgets to mention that MCE seats also have 2 extra inches of recline. I liked that MCE has a mini cabin on the 767 because it created a feeling of privacy from the rest of coach.

My flight was way less crowded than I thought, especially for a hub to hub route on a 767 and since this was 2 days before turkey day where flights are packed. I originally thought they were using the 767 to accommodate the larger crowds since DFW is AA's busiest hub. Both of my flights landed about 30 minutes early, which gave me more time in Dallas, and we had smooth sailing all the way. It was a good thing I changed cause my original flight got severely delayed on the ORD to LA leg.

Overall, my flight was very enjoyable.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user JoeBanchik can be found here

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls