Reply To: I guess AA has no heart

Back to Forum

kmcottrell
Participant

Last night, just before our new year’s festivities, I went on line to book seats to Vancouver from LHR for next september, using our miles.

As AA, unlike BA, have no household accounts, I had to make 2 separate transactions on the internet, one from my account and one from my own.

The booking for my wife went smoothly, and my own appeared to be exactly the same. When I got up this morning, just over 12 hours later, I realised that we had been sent confirmation for the booking on my wife’s account, but had been sent nothing on mine. I logged on again to find no booking on my account, so I phoned AA.

The first person to deal with me was hopeless and appeared not to understand the problem at all, so I decided to ring back later. The second time, I had someone who seemed to now how to deal with these types of problems, and we made progress quite quickly. However, it appeared that my booking had in someway not completed, and, at midnight,, not sure where, had been cancelled.

There was now no availability shown for the ticket that I had lost, and so I was told nothing could be done.

I therefore asked in these unusual circumstances would they refund my wife’s booking as it was clear from their own records that what I said was true, but they said that only if I paid cancellation fees.

I feel hard done by, but have not cancelled it yet in case the lost ticket availability might just reappear.

Those of you who knock BA might reflect on this heartless response from their rival, and be warned that you might be next.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls