Reply To: AA will not get my business…ever againCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines American Airlines AA will not get my business…ever again Reply To: AA will not get my business…ever again

stevescoots
Participant

Hi Lindsay,

I understand the comments about T&C and that all airlines have differing rules. My point however, disgusting aircraft aside, Is that in such a competative industry it is the norm for almost all airlines that if you purchace a fully flex ticket in business or first class then you get lounge access as part of the package and service you are buying if there is one available. I did not complian that no lounge was available in SeaTac as AA do not have one there.

I would expect there to possibly be exclusions to access if you were flying discounted or code share or do not have the correct status on another OW airline.

However in my case i was paying full fare full flex first class on AA booking. In every other airline I have flown, which is almost all the major carriers around the world then that ticket gets you access. Ranting aside it means that AA sell an inferior product in teh market compared to others.

If you booked an executive level room in a hotel at full price and flexibility one would expect access to the executive level comforts, not to be denied them because you do not have the correct status.

Actually from a business perspective i can see what AA are doing, they focus on thier home market where the choice is restricted, so they can sell a low product with a promise that if you keep coming you get the extra perks. EMEA and AP lines look outside thier territories and thier method to attract loyalty is to show a good product first, so you come back because the choice is so varied. travelling from UE south or east the is a huge amount of options so airlines have to offer the best they can, or they dont get repeat business.