Reply To: AA will not get my business…ever againCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines American Airlines AA will not get my business…ever again Reply To: AA will not get my business…ever again

KeaneJohn
Participant

I had friends that used to live in Dallas so I few AA quite a lot. Their policies on missed connections, transferring luggage and poor customer service were bearable. Then in 2002/3 they changed the T&C of their Advantage programme that doubled the number of miles for partner redemptions and they did not tell European members. I used to be able to get a Club Europe redemption for 20 000 miles on AA then they increased it to 40 000. Whilst I understand the T&C say you don’t need to give notice this was before we used the internet to the extent that we do now.( I was still on dial up at home then) I felt that was really bad customer service. I had 28k miles, so booked my BA trip to Athens in Economy and gave the rest to their Kids Dream Foundation and am proud to say that I have not rewarded them with 1cent since then. So when flying to Dallas from NYC I would go US and change aircraft in CLT or PIT. They had some good First Class fares (A class). A vile airline in my opinion.