Reply To: AA will not get my business…ever again

Back to Forum

Senator
Participant

MartynSinclair,

Thanks for the kind words.

In regards to pricing, please note US carriers have successfully increased prices 7 times in 2011 due to increase in fuel. Pricing on some routes are dreadful, including the coast to coast. Discounted First tend to be cheaper than flexible Econ on most cariers.

I have done some major investigation on fares for the US market as I am planning a trip to LA and Denver in September. From my market, I have discovered something really interesting:

LAX and SFO from ARN is not bad with any carrier. Roundtrip in business start around £2200, some carriers wíth £200 change/cancellation fees. BA/AA is none-refundable I am afraid.

However, the big “deal” is this: Star Alliance carriers including LH, SK, UA, CO, AC will offer you Z-class fare with two stop overs. So, in my case I get ARN to LAX return with stopver in DEN and NYC for £2200. I can’t get the same on BA/AA. So the key for US travel beyond point-to-point is to use Star Alliance for me. This way I can get “First” included on the US segments for “free”. I can recommend the AC, CO, and LX seats in business.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls