Reply To: AA will not get my business…ever againCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines American Airlines AA will not get my business…ever again Reply To: AA will not get my business…ever again

MartynSinclair

I think its again about service level expectations. Especially in the large hubs, the lounge staff are gum chewing, employees, working off a company handbook that allows no room for “discretion”. They mostly sit behind large desks, playing on the internet or their mobile phones. They talk of a club atmosphere, but CLUB = MEMBERSHIP = FEE, whereas we in Europe consider them LOUNGES, which means = BEING INVITED = COMPLIMENTARY (i.e. you dont go into a friends lounge and be charged!!).

As you see in some hotels, lobby areas are slowly being changed, espcially at executive check in levels where staff do not sit behind the barrier of a ‘desk’.

Our American cousins have a lot to learn from us welcoming Brits. We may be spoilt by the European, esepcially the BA lounge complex at T5, but I only wish the Americans fully appreciated extremely poor service levels us Europeans get fromn their so called areas of hospitality!