Reply To: ANZ flat beds in economyCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Air New Zealand ANZ flat beds in economy Reply To: ANZ flat beds in economy

FlyingChinaman
Participant

Hess963

You are spot on with ANZ having the vision and leading the aiirline industry by offering inovative economy class seating products, in either PE or the lie-flat seats.

I have flown on every type of seats in all classes around the world and not being snobbish about travelling in economy class sometime.

I am completely supportive of this trend. I do not favour any airlines including my defecto “flag carrier” Cathay Pacific.

I still maintain my earlier comment as to the real benefit to the majority of the economy class passengers who select to pay for this additional enhancement feature. I am average 1.7m (5’7″) in height and can not see myself being completely comfortable when lying on a surface of less than 1.6m, that is subtracting at least 3-4cm off for the pillow space. Curling up for a long period in that position is not relaxing, especially fearing having one’s feet getting chopped off by a moving trolly!

This discussion is all about comfort level here at afordable prices.
Shorter people or smaller children might find the facility adequate for space, not 6-footers!

I wish ANZ all the sucesses with the launch of their new economy class products and by giving economy class passengers more choices but doubtful if any airlines can extract huge profits from the economy class service as we all know too well that the premium front cabins are really the cash cow for all airlines!

However as the business travel spending pattern is changing rapidly world-wide there is no sign of any revival. Other air carriers might have no choice but to chase after this “new money” in the future!