Reply To: Aer Lingus rejects IAG offer againCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Aer Lingus Aer Lingus rejects IAG offer again Reply To: Aer Lingus rejects IAG offer again

canucklad
Participant

If I was an Irish citizen/resident I’d be wanting to know what the long term plans for Aer Lingus. And for that matter, how an EI takeover impacts how BA provides services to us in the UK.

For example, if I was an Irish customer my primary concern would be the loss of frequency on Dublin to North American routes, unless EI was allowed to join the “cartel arrangements” with AA & BA, because if I was Willie Welsh I would be awfully tempted to drive premium long haul traffic through LHR regardless of whether its eastbound ,southbound or ironically westbound.

I’d also be tempted to gradually dissolve the BA European & domestic operation, and replace those routes with the cheaper EI version replicating their LGW model. at LHR minus the point to point aspect of that operation..

And if I was representing the Irish government I’d be seeking assurances of EI’s continued presence in the US., and importantly those slots at LHR, particularly …the regional Irish slots. I would definitely seek assurances that BA isn’t going to be made stronger at the expense of EI