Reply To: Aer Lingus A320-214 Economy (short haul)Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines Aer Lingus Aer Lingus A320-214 Economy (short haul) Reply To: Aer Lingus A320-214 Economy (short haul)

pixelmeister
Participant

Shannon – LHR

Taken this flight in the past and found that it can be a variable experience. Theoretically it should be a fairly quick trip as it normally has a following wind.

Gate at Shannon is rudimentary – reminds me of Channel Isles airports at times. Boarding was a quick march across the tarmac and use front or back stairs dependant on seat number. Load was again around the 60% mark. This is the last flight of the day from Shannon to London, so you might expect a slightly higher number on board. Have a sneaking suspicion that I was on the same plane that I came out on. Seats were still grimy, seat back pockets no better than before, general feel that the plane could benefit from a deep clean.

Crew were mixed. Some were chatty, but others were a bit dour – getting toward the end of the day I guess. Flight crew gave us a brief call about flight time. Departure was on time and arrival in LHR was slightly ahead of schedule. Didn’t opt for any in-flight catering. Sorry, but coughing up €5 for a sandwich is a bit steep, especially as you can get one plus a drink for that price in the airside departure area. A bottle of water on board is twice the price charged on the ground. Someone needs to look at the pricing policy.