Reply To: Aer LingusCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Aer Lingus Aer Lingus Reply To: Aer Lingus

pixelmeister
Participant

Day trip to Shannon started well. Arrived at LHR having checked in online the night before. Seat allocated was aisle, two back from the over wing exit rows. Security for UK nationals flying to Ireland is interesting – you only need to show photo-id, so I was travelling on my driving licence. Gate area at LHR was pretty heaving with passengers waiting for flights. Boarding was on time and via usual airbridge. Shannon has three flights a day from LHR, the first departing at 10:05am and that was what I was on. Flight time was estimated at just over 90 minutes. Cabin crew were cheery. I found my seat and was settling in when I was asked if I would mind moving to the over wing exit row seat. Turns out that no one had opted to pay the extra for these so four of us were asked to occupy them. Great ! Lots of room to spread out. I couldn’t believe my luck. Pretty uneventful flight. Cabin crew whizzed through with the food trolley. Bit early for a meal really, so I declined. I’m also slightly resentful of paying 5 euros for a sandwich that I could purchase for £3 airside at LHR. I’d also picked up a bottle of water at LHR as I knew that Aer Lingus charge for food and beverages on board. Plane was lightly loaded – about 40% capacity probably. Arrival at SNN was on time. Slightly bemused by the steps fore and aft for disembarking. As I only had hand luggage I cleared customs really quickly. Aer Lingus staff at the terminal were really helpful and suggested that I check in for the return flight before leaving the building. All told a pleasant experience.