Reply To: Aer Lingus

Back to Forum

pixelmeister
Participant

Flight from Shannon to LHR was due to depart at 17:10, but there was a delay of over half an hour. Shannon isn’t the best airport to be stuck in and the gate area is draughty.

We all trooped down in plenty of time for boarding – the gate was due to close at 16:45. Trouble was that the plane was still enroute from LHR. No delay showing on the boards though. Plane eventually turned up at around 17:20.

Swiftish turnaround and then we were all walking out to the tarmac on a wet and windy evening. So not a good start.

Once on board I found my seat 22D. About half way down the plane, just short of the exit row seats. Plane was about half full.

Cabin crew were OK. Not exactly fired up with enthusiasm. Because of the weather the seat belt sign was on for most of the 90 minute trip.

One round of the food trolley. I’m not that keen on paying 5 euros for a sandwich so passed on it.

Arrived at LHR about half an hour later than planned – no opportunity to make up time on the sector. I had no luggage so it was a brisk walk out of the terminal.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls