Reply To: Ethiopian B737: pax’s lithium battery overheats

Back to Forum

AMcWhirter
Participant

This could have been a nasty incident if the passenger’s mobile phone batteries had caught fire rather than overheated.

The batteries in question were traced to a passenger’s handbag which began emitting white smoke.

The incident took place on an Ethiopian B737 between Addis and Gaborone with its final destination being Cape Town.

Reported by AV Herald on November 19.

http://avherald.com/h?article=48f977eb&opt=4096

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls