Reply To: Aerolineas ArgentinasCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Aerolineas Argentinas Reply To: Aerolineas Argentinas

ViajeroUK
Participant

goldaviator – Sounds a bad experience, I also wasn’t impressed when I used them c10 years ago, but pleasantly surprised this year.

The airline was nationalised about 4(?) years ago, domestic fleet renewed, new livery and it seems to have made a huge difference. They also joined Sky Team so I was able to use Sky Priority check in which was always fast and smooth, there were queues at some airports for economy check in, but the lines for LAN flights were much longer with fewer check in staff.

At security there was no requirement to have liquids in poly bags, and according to a bodega we visited bottles of wine are allowed onboard. Laptops could stay inside hand baggage, but apart from that all seemed quite thorough, lots of security/military personnel evident at screening areas.

Not air travel related, but Argentina has issued new bank notes for 100 and 50 pesos, the larger note carries a picture of Eva Peron, the 50 peso note carries an outline image of the Falkland Islands!