Reply To: Keith Williams retiringCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Keith Williams retiring Reply To: Keith Williams retiring

wastedlife
Participant

I can’t say I’ll be too sorry to see Keith Williams leave, but for now Alex Cruz will get the benefit of my doubt – although coming from a decade in the LoCo segment isn’t the greatest start in my mind.

The point is, if you are selling a differentiated product, you cannot do that on the cheap. And the consistent “feedback” from various sources on this forum is that in recent years, the premium BA experience has become a significantly less premium experience.

Whether Alex Cruz appreciates the wider implications on brand perception of the significant worsening of the premium offering (in everything from lounge experience to in flight catering, short and long haul seating via just about anything in between etc) or whether he’ll continue reaping short term financial rewards remains to be seen.

We’ll see. But I think I’m one of an increasing number of BA GC holders making a conscious decision to use other OW airlines wherever possible.