Reply To: Lufthansa cabin staff threaten strike action for one week effective Nov 6Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Lufthansa cabin staff threaten strike action for one week effective Nov 6 Reply To: Lufthansa cabin staff threaten strike action for one week effective Nov 6

conshaldow
Participant

AllOverTheGaff – 05/11/2015 11:14 GMT

Unfortunately I fear you are at the end of a raw deal here, as Lufthansa had every right to advise you what they did over the telephone.
As the strike isn’t confirmed as yet and your flight is still scheduled to depart then any changes would result in having to pay any change fee/fare and tax difference as per the fare rules.

However, as you say timescale was very small with regards to departure but basically the airline will charge the relevant fees up until the flight has been cancelled/delayed for a long enough period of time.

I would hope this is something Lufthansa (and other airlines) will realise is a ridiculous way to deal with strikes and cancellations and put a bit more of a prewarning/avoidance system in place for such occasions.

I fear we may be hoping for a while longer still however…