Reply To: Lufthansa cabin staff threaten strike action for one week effective Nov 6

Back to Forum

AllOverTheGaff
Participant

So, I’ve taken the initiative and called Lufthansa to try and bring my flight forward to tomorrow given I don’t want to find out at 17:00 on Thursday evening that I am not flying at 12:30 the following day.

I get through to booking agent who listens to me and all she can talk about is the fare difference, I try explaining to her that the one and only reason I am changing is because of this threatened strike action. Her advice is to wait until tomorrow when they can re-book me free-of-charge. I retort that in fact I’ll be flying with someone else and they’ll lose the 7000 Euro fare entirely. She’s only again interested in quoting me the rule book so I ask to speak to manager.

Manager comes on after a 10 minute wait and quotes me the same nonsensical fare regulations and asks for a further 3000 Euro or so, I explain that someone in their office should apply some common sense on the basis that this strike action is so close to my flight. I spend quite some time chatting to her about this.

She puts me on hold to go speak to someone and they decide to waive the fare difference but, in essence, hold me to ransom for a £410.00 rebooking fee. No matter how many times I explain to her that I am only changing this booking, she sticks to her guns.

So, I’ve paid the £410.00 after some real forceful complaining and when I get back from Brazil I will dispute the charge with my CC provider.

This will also be my very last experience with Lufthansa, irrespective of how good their planes and service is.

Rgds.
AOTG.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls