Reply To: Inappropriate people in exit row seatsCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Inappropriate people in exit row seats Reply To: Inappropriate people in exit row seats

canucklad
Participant

Now that you’ve started the process Charles-P ,I’d encourage you to pursue your grievance further. The reply from the airline in question, seems to me to be a classic example of abdication of responsibility. I’d add the snippet that you’ve shared here suggests to me, the person responding hasn’t fully appreciated your original concern.

Secondly, after a chat with a colleague who works with our accessibility team (and granted she is not a legal eagle ) , her opinion is, as soon as the airlines decided to turn those seats into a marketable product, they fall foul of a discrimination laws. To abide by the law, an airline , needs to offer the equivalent amount of seats at the same price, elsewhere in the cabin,available to everybody.

And if TAP, as an EU carrier, only allows Portuguese speakers to take advantage of those seats ,they could also be accused of indirect racial discrimination….

Evening Ian, maybe the regulations are different in Europe, but I’ve been on a few ryanscare flights, where cabin crew have asked individuals to occupy seats in the row, when after the doors have shut the rows have been empty.