Reply To: First impressionsCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines First impressions Reply To: First impressions

canucklad
Participant

Another aspect of this whole “First Impressions” thing, is that you can’t help but compare like for like……I started flying before I could walk, talk or even realise my teddy bear (leopard) was my best friend ………

My first Impressions /memories of flying were shaped by excitement, exhilaration, wonder and those emotions attached by a young boy starting out on a big adventure…..Big windows, Big noise , Big seats, Big everything……..

Then comes my cognisant first impressions, and here I come to my point.
And although I’ve said on here many times before, I was spoilt…very spoilt.
So my first impressions of air travel, years before IFE and Business class and other things that we take for granted now, or ironically if you fly in Y , and are young enough you’ve missed service levels that were so good you don’t appreciate what you’ve missed.

This makes my First Impressions jaded…….but on an airline by airline basis and long haul only ….and neutralising my CP bias…..here’s my first impressions…..and like lloydah’s son, our national carrier comes out worst…

BA Long Haul…..So bad I never flew with them until BD disappeared
EK were excellent, small touches like CC entertaining children puts a smile on your face
AF were surprisingly engaging, pity about CDG
CX…Very Good, didn’t disappoint
UA ..Poor & not on my choice
KL…Efficient and quite good – Reliable
LH….Efficient and well….uber proffesional
JL…Superb
QF…Relaxed OZ friendly
TK….Didn’t live up to the hype but still better than others.
GA….Bizarrely brilliant even with a defective IFE…probably best CC experience.

And as for AC
Surprisingly, the enemies service was very good, although later I found that my allocated lass was ….ex CP !!

Not scientific and many more I could have mentioned but I’ve got work to do….. : )