Reply To: BA and Ryanair: Number of complaints each airline receivesCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA and Ryanair: Number of complaints each airline receives Reply To: BA and Ryanair: Number of complaints each airline receives

canucklad
Participant

So FDOS,
Factually, myself and a few others who missed the flight were factually in the wrong….. Your FRightmare boarding card does state that the gate closes 30 mins before departure.

The reply to my letter quoted a whole pile of T&C’s , blamed DAA for not updating the boards and had the very cold feel of a VD clinic, not that I’ve been to a VD clinic. Basically everybody’s fault except theirs……

In reality on that particular day, the following probably happened…

1) The gate agent’s face radiated a mixture of anger, bluster and fluster…… a face that looked as if she had been slapped repeatedly by the wettest, of wet fish. I’d take an educated guess at it being a halibut. So she wasn’t in a good place. to be in a customer facing job.
2) I’m assuming It’s her responsibility to let DAA knowo how boarding is progressing so they can accurately update the boards, as she is at the coalface. She clearly forgot and worse took no responsibility.
3) Finally what really worked against us, as I found out later from the CC on my flight, was that the afternoon flight wasn’t busy. It also departed from a remote stand, meaning that Halibut Helen had everybody who was at the gate 30 minutes before hand on the bus sharp, and then pretty much abandoned her post. In most likely hood passengers were on that bus before the incoming plane had even landed.

Why can I be make such assumptions,
On my evening flight, it was ½ full and although we gated it, the flight was in the air 20 minutes before departure time, 10 minutes after gate closed time, arriving in EDI 40 minutes early!!