Reply To: BA and Ryanair: Number of complaints each airline receivesCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA and Ryanair: Number of complaints each airline receives Reply To: BA and Ryanair: Number of complaints each airline receives

FDOS_UK
Participant

AisleSeatTraveller – 22/09/2015 09:20 BST

I very much doubt a company would be able to advertise something like this on TV if the base data was less than solid – the ad agency would resign rather than lose their reputation.

You can spin the ads anyway you want, but the fact is (according to the OP) that FR state they receive less complaints per million than BA.

There are many reasons why this may be the case, of which you state a few, NTarrant has made a very good point and I’ll add

– FR delivers a more consistent experience than BA, so people know what to expect, accept it as reasonable value for money and don’t complain

– FR have not incentivised complaints, to my knowledge, thus conditioning people to complain

– FR flights tend to be very cheap, people are probably more accepting of low service levels and inconsistencies (although he service model is simple and easier to deliver in the same way)

– FR have a good on time departure record – that’s a huge complaint generator for other airlines

– FR lose few bags (because they don’t carry that many and don’t interline)

– FR is a simple business, short-medium haul, point to point, one class, one aircraft type – expectations are easy to set and service easy to deliver/ low complexity, with no discretion

– BA is a complex business, short to ultra long haul, often with connections, up to four classes, multiple fleets with sub-fleets – expectations often set by marketing puffery or previous experience (with personnel/crew not always following service standards, which then annoys people later)

So it is not an ‘apples versus apples’ comparison, but both are airlines and one seems to generate more complaints per million than the other.

Edited for typos.