Reply To: BA and Ryanair: Number of complaints each airline receivesCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA and Ryanair: Number of complaints each airline receives Reply To: BA and Ryanair: Number of complaints each airline receives

AisleSeatTraveller
Participant

I never stated that the original poster was BA Bashing (if that was implied, I apologise, sorry) and as for statistics, one can ‘prove’ anything (or at least find a correlation that may be used explain or interpret a hypothesis)

additionally we have no information about how complaints are raised, for example is it easier on BA as opposed to Ryanair (imagine it would be extremely cumbersome to register dissatisfaction) or others (Emirates & Singapore Air, for example, do not carry the form on the aircraft any more, making it more difficult & time-consuming)

the other thing to consider is that loyal customers are more likely to complain as they’d like the service on their next encounter to be better (loyalty to a LCC is unlikely as the decision to fly is not based upon intangible aspects but more on price, therefore expectation and lack of perceived loyalty may drive down complaints)

therefore, in conclusion and not supported by anything other than anecdotal information (and certainly no statistical analysis, I’ll save that for my day job) the complaints statistics, in short the statistic, in my opinion, should be taken with a pinch of salt