Reply To: BA and Ryanair: Number of complaints each airline receives

Back to Forum

AnthonyDunn
Participant

Like some, BA is my intra-European airline of choice but, further afield, I have enjoyed the benefits of its being a part of OneWorld to try other carriers. Whilst recognising that BA has its failings, the worst I have ever experienced on BA is (relative) indifference. That would be good day on Fly’n’scare so I now avoid them like the plague. Recognising that reaction from some of his erstwhile customers, O’Blarney has at least instituted seat allocation so that the godawful elbow wielding rugby scrum of a boarding process is now a thing of the past. BA is, at least, a civilised way of getting from A to B whereas I find FR to be the very opposite.

And, from from this last weekend’s BBC R4 “Moneybox” programme, it is perfectly clear that FR continues to display contempt over High Court rulings regarding the operation of EU261. After the substantial fines levied on BA (amongst others) for cargo price fixing, I would like to see a comparable stance taken towards FR for its stance over the delayed flights directive. Perhaps the prospect of Mr O’Blarney’s collar being felt by Inspector Knacker might encourage a change of view?

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls