Reply To: BA and Ryanair: Number of complaints each airline receives

Back to Forum

rferguson
Participant

FDOS_UK….

Over the last 18 months my bag has been lost twice – firstly with BA and secondly with Qantas,

The comparison between the two were like chalk and cheese.

BA: Arrived at LHR to stand around the baggage belt for 45 minutes and coming to the conclusion it was not going to arrive lined up at the baggage services desk for around half an hour. Lodged a claim and for the next three days heard absolutely nothing. The online baggage tracing system gave the same message ‘please check back later’. The ‘baggage help line’ somewhere in India was not worthy of the name (we don’t know where your bag is or when or if it will ever arrive). A call to the Gold Line had me fobbed off to the ‘baggae line’ again. It was an awful experience – not so much my bag not being delivered but purely down to the complete lack on information and the palming off. Did I complain? Hell yes.

QF: Landed in MEL at 21:00 where an announcement was made with my name to see the ground staff on disembarkation. A very apologetic member of staff was waiting to inform me my bag had not been loaded and at that stage QF were not aware of whether the bag was in TXL where I was living or LHR where I had transited. She presented me with a preloaded Visa for AU$200 for ‘essentials’ and assured that as a OW Emerald someone would call me to update me the following day. Indeed, midday the next day I received a call from the QF ‘Platinum line’ again apologising for the inconvenience, advising me my bags were at LHR and had been put on a QF flight to SYD and would be with me in MEL by midday the following day. Did I complain? No.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls